Rubber mastic tape
Rubber Mastic tape is a tape primarily used in electrical insulation for wire and cable applications. This tape can insulation high voltage, up to 1000 volts, it is a conformable self–fusing rubber electrical insulating and sealing tape. This tape consists of an ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) backing coated with an aggressive, temperature–stable mastic adhesive. It is made 65 mils (1,65 mm) thick for quick application build–up. The Mastic tape can be used on copper or aluminum conductors rated at 90°C, with an emergency overload rating of 130°C. It also offers excellent resistance to moisture and ultraviolet exposure and is intended for both indoor and weather exposed outdoor applications.
The picture on the right is the sample of the Rubber Mastic tape. The inner black layer is the Mastic layer, the surface that adheres to the the white paper is the EPR layer. Finally the white paper is the quarantine paper that keeps the tapes apart.
- Conformable for application over irregular surfaces.
- Compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations.
- Flexible over wide temperature range.
- Excellent weather and moisture resistance.
- Excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics with copper, aluminium and power cable jacket materials.
- Can be used both indoor and outdoor applications.
If you have questions or want to know about this, please contact us HERE.